Maple Ridge ~ Pitt Meadows Art Studio Tour
Discover the Artists in Your Neighbourhood!
May 13th and 14th, 2023, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Art Studio Tour has been going strong since 1998. Our mission is to raise awareness, engage and educate our community about the artists who call Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows home. Participating tour artists open their professional and home studios for the Mothers Day weekend to invite the public to see who we are, what we do, and where we spend our time to create our art!
Throughout the year, the MRPM Art Studio Tour Society also participates in various community events to promote our annual tour and our artwork (such as Farmers Markets, Earth Day, Culture Days and tour preview showing at the Maple Ridge Library). We encourage all our artists to participate with us by volunteering, demonstrating and showing your work.
If you are a local artist producing original and professional quality artwork, we invite you to join us! We welcome and encourage many mediums. We recognize that not all artists in our
communities have their own studio space and we do our best to help find them a location. For
2023 we are delighted to partner with both the City of Maple Ridge for the use of the new
Albion Community Centre and the City of Pitt Meadows for the use of the Heritage Hall. If you
are interested in displaying at one of these facilities, please indicate on the application below.
Alternatively, if you have a large studio space and are willing to share it, please
- All applications are subject to the Tour’s selection process.
- Public call for application is Oct 1– Nov. 10th, 2022.
- Deadline for all applications is Nov. 10, 2022
- Studio space must be suitable for the public to visit: professional in appearance, easy & safe access for visitors, adequate parking, and visible signage.
- All sharing and hosting of studio space must be approved by the organization
- Artists must be present for the full weekend, with their work on display.
- Artists are expected to promote the tour and all our activities.
Applications and Returning Artists Registrations must include:
- Min of 6 photos of your recent work and if you are showing in your own studio add 1 photo of the space. These photos will be used for the jury process and also for promotional materials if you are accepted into the tour.
- Please ensure photos are high resolution (approx.640×480 pixels) , that they are of good quality, well lit and preferably horizontal.
- Make sure the background is clean – no distracting clutter in the background (unless it is your studio!)
- Label all photos with your name.
- The digital images to be uploaded to your personal folder on our Dropbox account; you will soon receive an invite from dropbox with a link to your personal box. (If this is new to you, go to How to Upload Your Photos to Dropbox )
- 1 high resolution (300 dpi) image of your work for our print brochure (can be same as website images). Please provide horizontal images if possible.
- Check out these sites for some great tips on taking photos of art work – *http://www.finearttips.com/2013/10/how-to-take-photos-of-your-artwork-like-a-pro/ * http://www.gbtate.com/photoshoot.html
- Accepted applicants are giving permission to use their images in the Tour Website, brochure, and advertising. Written submissions may be edited by the print design team.
** If you have any questions go to the About page and fill out the contact form there.**